Wednesday, August 15, 2012

jealousy + 4 tips

Have you ever logged onto Tumblr or found a new blog that you really like and you see pictures of gorgeous girls and you get jealous?

I have.

I hope she doesn't mind this but I can always take it down if she wants me to. ;)

dana from thewonderforest
I've admired The Wonder Forest for a long time now and for a long time now, I think Dana is one of the prettiest girls I have ever seen and she runs a  super successful blog too. She's just naturally pretty and I get jealous every now and then.



I think that every blogger/girl/person (!) goes through this little jealousy period where they're like " why am I not as pretty enough?" or '' why can't I just have a nice body like so and so?" I've learned to accept who I am and my looks and my body but once in a while, I get a little twinge and I can't help but notice.

It's not just Dana I'm jealous of. It's also Elsie and Emma or Adri and Michael. I'm sure most of you feel the same way once in a while.

Don't get me wrong, I love my followers and I love some of the sweet ( but not very many!) comments I get on a post but sometimes...you can't control your feelings.

So, here are 5 tips that help me get through my jealous feelings.

1. Love yourself. It's as simple as that. Appreciate what you have been given and what you can achieve. Spend more time with yourself and get to know the real you.

2. Stop comparing yourself to other people. You don't need a six pack , flawless hair or straight teeth to be happy. Be happy by realizing what you are worth and that who you are is good enough.

3. Write it away. Get a notepad and write about why you are jealous and one thing that you would never want to change about yourself every day. It lifts a weight off your chest and you can finally live.

4. Be creative. Instead of focusing your time on hating on yourself and being jealous of other people, get involved. Start painting or knitting or doing something creative to keep your mind off jealousy.

I hope these tips helped you and what are your thoughts on jealousy? Who are you jealous of? Leave a comment below!


Follow on Bloglovin Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment